Panel – 17 March 2021, 10:00 AM (CET)
Top bank fraud cases and trends to watch in 2021
About this discussion
Fraud is a billion-dollar business. Digital banking, remote working and Covid-19 have all acted like rocket-fuel to propel recent strong growth in fraud worldwide. According to fraud watchdog ACFE, nearly four out of five banks saw an increase last year. And the situation seems likely to deteriorate further. In the same survey, nine out of 10 respondents expected to see fraud grow in the coming 12 months.
With this context, we are bringing together a panel of Europe’s top banking leaders who will share their insights on the latest bank fraud cases and trends for the year ahead.
Meet our expert panel:
- Ronan Guckian, Fraud Investigator, Financial Crime Unit, KBC Ireland
- Romano Ramanti, Ethical Hacker, Zurich Cantonal Bank
- Steve Young, Group Compliance Fraud & Investigation, Bank Lombard Odier
- Philippe Fleury, Head of Regulatory & Compliance and Forensic (Financial services), KPMG Geneva
- With the moderation of Roy Belchamber, Head of Product Management, NetGuardians
- What are the current fraud trends observed by the banks?
- What type of fraud cases are predicted in 2021 and forward?
- What are the top key challenges for banks?
- What are the best practices are for an effective fraud prevention?
Group Compliance Fraud & Investigation
Bank Lombard Odier