This article appeared in the October 2023 of the IBSi FinTech Journal.
by Robin Amlôt, Managing Editor, IBS Intelligence
In banking, keeping your customer funds safe and your reputation intact are the two driving dynamics. Our Chief Strategy Officer, Raffael Maio, explains in this article from IBSi FinTech Journal how financial institutions around the world trust NetGuardians to help achieve both of these goals by answering the following questions.
- What trends do you see in fraud and fraud management?
- The fight against financial crime is effectively a never-ending battle – is it truly containable?
- How do you strike a balance between stopping fraud and potentially blocking genuine customer transactions?
- What solutions does NetGuardians offer?
- What plans do you have to develop your solutions and future-proof them against current and future threats?
- Where do you see the biggest opportunities and the biggest challenges going forward?
“The most significant opportunities lie in NetGuardians’ community approach. By harnessing shared intelligence from a global network of banks and partners, the company can extend its threat coverage and further improve the effectiveness and learn from others. The biggest challenges I foresee, is the democratisation of the technologies. Fraudsters are now using new technologies to perpetrate their crime. For instance, they intensively use Generative AI to prepare their criminal campaigns and to impersonate banking institutions.” Raffael Maio, Co-Founder & CSO at NetGuardians